Monday, November 4, 2013

Good Bar Food in Orchard Park

When I was younger, there weren't that many great restaurants right in the Village of Orchard Park.  I'm happy to say that this has changed in recent years and there are several great options at various price points now in the Village.  From fine dining to family friendly restaurants, you now have several options.

While I've had drinks there before, I had yet to take my family here, even though I'd heard they had good food:


The Byrd House.

The Byrd House is a bar and restaurant that is attached to the bowling alley in Orchard Park, Orchard Park Lanes.  Over the years, this location has gone by a few different names.  The Byrd House has been open here for a few years and they offer a great selection of 20 beers on tap and a menu with a nice variety of appetizers, salads, sandwiches & burgers and entrees.  There is also a kids menu.

When we arrived on a recent Sunday evening, the place was relatively quiet and we were able to get a table to accommodate our family of six quickly.  Given the location and my perceived strengths of the menu, my wife and I opted to stick with bar food.  The kids all got meals from the kids menu and they were all hits.

Here's my choice:


I ordered the bacon, gorgonzola and scallion burger.  It was very good, although the beef needed a hint more seasoning.  The gorgonzola and scallions were great on the burger, as was the bacon.  A very tasty burger.  The fries were the frozen variety, but fried properly and went well with the burger.

I also chose a Caged Alpha Monkey IPA from CB Craft Brewers (NY).  It was very hoppy and had plenty of citrus and pine on the nose.  It was a great pairing with the richness of my burger.

This is my wife's selection:


She opted for one of her favorites, a Rueben.  The sandwich was well made and she enjoyed the corned beef.  She enjoyed her meal as much as I did and the plates were pretty well cleaned when we were done.  The kids did likewise.

All in all, it was a great meal in a family friendly spot.  The menu has many more options so we'll be back and try another sandwich or an entree next time.  The Byrd House is also perfect for drinks and appetizers, so we might come back for that as well!

Stay tuned for a follow up visit!





~NE



© The Nittany Epicurean, 2013.  All Rights Reserved.

The Byrd House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment